Posted on Dec 8th, 2010
In order to improve security at the Clubhouse, pool and spa areas, we have installed surveillance cameras. We realize that there are privacy concerns so we have taken steps with the help of industry experts and our attorney to ensure your privacy while maintaining a higher level of security
The following is what is being done to ensure privacy while still being able to provide security;
1. recorded video can only be viewed when an event has been reported that is believed to be illegal activity or a violation of association rules
2. two figures of authority must be present to search and view the recorded video. This includes members of law enforcement, management and board members.
3. the recorded video is encrypted and requires a password
4. the cameras are not being monitored by anyone at anytime
5. remote access to the cameras is not available, recordings can only be viewed on-site
6. when it's unavoidable that a camera's view includes a part of a building, the windows will be blurred/pixelated in all recordings.
7. No audio will be recorded